United Methodist Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
The Maintenance Assistant must be responsible for performing repairs and maintenance on equipment and supplies of the facility; orders supplies and inventories through the maintenance department; must cooperate with other employees and department heads, and will at times be in contact with residents and tenants of the facility. Follows policies and procedures as established by the Maintenance Department and those of the Wesley Village. Works with co-workers and sometimes alone. Works on security and performs according to security policies.
Hours: Saturday and Sunday, Day Shift
· Maintain the building in compliance with federal, state and local laws and codes.
· Keep the fire alarm and emergency generator and compressors in good working order.
· Keep the building in good repair and free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling, bad weather, etc.g, exhausting and air conditioning units clean and in good working order.
· Perform monthly maintenance checks of buildings, grounds and facilities.
· Perform most maintenance tasks and repair work such as plumbing, heating, electrical, carpentry, painting, minor vehicle repairs, equipment repairs, grounds and snow removal.
· Maintain the exterior grounds, roadways, sidewalks, and parking lots.
· Be on call for emergencies and be able to take responsibility of Maintenance Supervisor when they are not available.
· Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor, Director of Plant Operations, Administrator or Assistant Administrator.